Monday, December 8, 2008

Boot Camp

I am doing Boot Camp at the YMCA right now, Dec. 1-Dec.20. You pick from a few different times and go 3 times a week for an hour each time.

It is *hard*. I am well outside of my comfort zone, and it's definitely a struggle. I had my first asthma attack ever during the second session, brought on by pushups in the grass (breathing in all the mold/dust/grass goo) and all the exertion. My inhaler did its job, though, and I soldiered through the last bit of the session, which made me very proud. We run, we hop, we lunge, we squat, we carry weights around for extended periods of time, we jump up and down off of logs. Saturday we did the 300-- 20 pushups, 20 crunches, 20 squats, every 10 minutes. And during the other time, we were at 1 of 4 stations, hopping, lifting, lunging, and jumping our little hearts out. I have to say that I don't find it "fun" while I am doing it, but it is a really good workout, I appreciate being pushed, and I feel incredibly proud to get through each session. I will be wearing my T-shirt with pride when this is over.

No comments: